Instead of being held as an on-site conference from October 25 to 29 in Shanghai, China, the prescheduled host city, INTERSPEECH 2020 will be a virtual conference with the same dates. To provide our attendees with an unforgettable conference this year, in coordination with the sponsors and partners, the organizers of INTERSPEECH 2020 have devoting much effort in transforming the conference into an online format. In view of the many challenges presented by the pandemic on conference participation, the IS2020 organizers are offering significantly reduced registration fees this year. There will be two types of registrations for the virtual conference – (1) registration for participants with papers to present and (2) registration for participants who are not presenting any paper. Each accepted paper must be covered by a paid registration in order to be included into the conference proceedings.
Registration procedures and fees depend on whether or not you are a member of ISCA. To participate in the conference, you must be an ISCA member during the entire duration of the conference (October 25-29, 2020). To find out ISCA membership, please consult
All registration fees are listed in Euro (€)/ CNY (¥) and include VAT as applicable.
Conference registration includes:
• Conference proceedings (electronic form),
• Conference app,
• Access to all conference sessions by zoom,
• An opportunity to exchange with the speakers
• Each accepted paper must be covered by at least one full registration by one of its co-authors. Each full registration can only cover one paper.
• Student fees are applicable only to full-time students. Students must mail a proof of their student status (student ID or certificate, endorsed by the signature of a supervisor), as a PDF file during the registration process to email@example.com
. Student registration will be valid only upon receipt of the proof of status.
• Registration fees labeled “retired” are applicable only to retired participants. They must mail a proof of status as PDF file during the registration process to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Registration as a retired participant will be valid only upon receipt of the proof of status.
• Conference registration does not include tutorial or satellite workshops registration.
Attendance to tutorials is free.
For more details, please refer to our Tutorials page.
Payments and Cancellation
• Payments must be made in advance of the conference by credit card or, exceptionally, by bank transfer in which case the participant/remitter is responsible for any bank charges/fees associated with the payment. If the payment is not successful or an invalid discount has been applied, the registration will not be valid until full payment has been received. Further details will become available on our online registration page
• Notification of cancellation must be made in the form of a signed letter. The scanned copy of the letter has to be sent by email to email@example.com
• Cancellation of registration will be accepted until 25 Sep 2020, up to which date the total amount will be refunded minus a cancellation fee of EUR 20.
• We regret that no refunds or reductions of fees will be accepted for cancellations made after 25 Sep 2020. The same applies for no-shows for any reasons.
• Should you be unable to attend, you will be given the opportunity to send a colleague in your place. Please contact the conference secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
as soon as possible. An administration fee of EUR 30 will be charged.
Each registrant grants Interspeech 2020 and/or the conference organisers the right to photograph/videotape participants and to use such photographs/videos and names of attendees in materials and websites which either represent the proceedings of the conference or promote future conferences.
With paid registration, the participant acknowledges that s/he has no right to lodge claims against the conference organizers should the meeting be altered, hindered, or prevented by unexpected political or economic events, unpredictable forces of nature, speaker cancellations or other unforeseeable events.
The organizers do not accept any responsibility for individual medical, travel or personal insurance. Delegates are strongly advised to have their own travel insurance policies to cover risks including (but not limited to) loss, cancellation, medical costs and injury. Interspeech 2020 and/or the conference organizers will not accept any responsibility for any delegate failing to take out adequate insurance.
General Data Protection Regulation GDPR - Your consent requested
The EU General Data Protection Regulation
requires that you give the conference organizers permission to collect, store, and process your personal data for the purpose of organizing this conference including paper presentation and publication, registration, payment, email communication, and other services, as well as for the purpose of handling your ISCA membership and providing services to you on behalf of ISCA. Therefore, you will receive our data protection information and you will be requested to actively declare your consent to data processing during the online registration process.